Job Corps' mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Provides students with the skills necessary to pass the written and driving portions of the state operator's license examination.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provides all students who are eligible under state law the opportunity to attain a state driver's license.
- Assists trainees who have revoked or suspended licenses.
- Ensures students have required documentation to meet state driver's licensing requirements.
- Provides classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Facilitates payment of learner's permits, license, and related fees as appropriate.
- Arranges driving exams.
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom/training environment, ensuring maximum student motivation and outcomes
- Designs instruction to meet individual student needs, maintains a high degree of discipline within the training area, submits necessary schedule change information.
- Submits ESPs in a timely manner, documents student progress for inclusion on the ETA 640 profile.
- Administers accurate completion of the Training Achievement Records (TAR) in a timely manner.
- Documents student's progress in case notes at least monthly, records daily attendance.
- Completes a monthly Accommodation Effectiveness Review for each student with a documented accommodation.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to the classroom is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition.
- Participates in Career Mentoring Team.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Drivers Education Teaching certification in the state in which the Center is located.
- Valid Driver's License.
- CPR certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of teaching experience.
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.