This position is responsible for providing recreation services to all students, to include opportunities for recreational engagement both on-Center and off.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Oversee Recreational Department and Staff.
- Develops programs that promote productive and socially acceptable uses of leisure time.
- Develops and maintains a calendar of recreational activities and events, and distributes the schedule to students in advance of activities listed.
- Conducts surveys of students' recreational interests and participation, and utilizes the information gathered in planning recreational activities.
- Builds students' self-esteem by developing teamwork, good sports conduct, and other positive social behaviors.
- Develops and implements a successful off-Center leisure time employment program
- Ensures that all students participate in the water safety program.
- Ensures that students can demonstrate the appropriate use of facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that all staff participates in CMT.
- Ensures department is compliant with all safety standards and expectations to include proper workmen's compensation reporting.
- Ensures department is in compliance with all DOL, Corporate and Center requirements.
- Develops and implements a successful off-Center leisure time employment program.
- Ensures that recreational activities contain community service projects.
- Monitors budget and related areas for assigned department and maintains spending limits as applicable:
- Tracks spending of staff each month.
- Provides feedback for over/under spending.
- Notifies the Career Success Director of repairs/costs above routine expenditures.
- Ensure staff members have adequate training to complete key areas of responsibilities. Cross-trains department employees. Ensures that departmental staff completes all DOL, Corporate and Center training as required and demonstrates competencies accordingly.
- Develops Others: delegates tasks or responsibilities for the purpose of developing others' abilities, reassures and encourages performance improvement, provides timely coaching.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Recreation department
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists students in understanding and developing lifelong leisure time skills and habits.
- Helps to develop and maintain a functioning Continuing Education program
- Schedules staff meetings at regular intervals, ensures meeting minutes are accurate.
- Participates in CMT, ensures that all staff participate in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- Ensures equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Notifies the Center Director of repairs/costs above routine expenditures.
- Monitors budget for the Recreation department and maintains spending limits as applicable. Tracks spending of staff each month.
- Periodically audits staff time sheets to ensure compliance with corporate time keeping policy.
- Ensures accuracy and timely submission of all employee timesheets so as to remain in compliance with company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in related preferred or an equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Two years of related experience working with youth.
- Valid CDL with P endorsement license.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with management staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred Education and Experience
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.