LOCATION: Roswell, NM
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Thrift Store Manager
STATUS: Part-Time / Hourly
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current and valid driving license for state of New Mexico
- Have a clean driving record
- Must be able to read a map
- Must be able to lift at least 100 pounds repetitively
- Ability to use diplomacy and good judgment
- Must be organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to follow verbal/written instructions
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the concepts involved with serving the low-income families/individuals
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible with changing job situations/priorities
- An ability to work well with volunteers, community service workers and The Salvation Army partner agencies
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality
- Bilingual is desirable, but not mandatory
- Assist in picking up donated items from homes and businesses in and around Chaves, Lincoln and Eddy Counties.
- Unload all donations collected at the Thrift Store warehouse.
- When not picking donations up, must assist in the warehouse/sales floor, including hauling scrap and trash to dump or recycle area
- Call donors and inform them of their pick up, if running late or rescheduled if need be.
- Unload donations from the truck
- Assist customers with loading merchandise
- Assist sorters with their duties and pricing as request by Store Manager
- Assist with maintenance and stocking of the sales floor
- Assist with keeping the facility organized and clean at all times including exterior and alleyway
- Be familiar with all aspects and procedures of thrift store warehouse operations
- Assist with the maintenance of the truck daily, check tires, oil pressures, keep interior & exterior clean
- Keep sales floor, warehouse area(s) and bathroom clean and free of debris
- Answer customer questions or concerns
- Report all accidents involving equipment, personal injury or property damage immediately to direct supervisor
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.