***Top Secret Clearance Required***
Global Systems Engineering (GSE) is an SBA-Certified Hub-zone small business that works directly with Federal, State, and Military Leadership within the Defense, Energy, and Environmental sectors to provide solutions to some of the world's most complex national security challenges. We develop deep levels of trust with our clients and help them create enduring solutions that improve our world.
While employed at GSE, you will work to solve real-world problems that have significant impacts on National Security and will work with individuals who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It is important to us that we hire individuals that are committed to the mission and are enthusiastic about what we do. We, in return, support their goals and provide them with the tools they need to grow within their career and to develop professionally within the field.
We are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The role of the ISSE is to bridge the gap between high level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements. Candidates should have in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems and sufficient technical knowledge and experience to implement them. The ISSE will work closely and effectively with the ISSM and Sponsor IT managers on all aspects of their development and implementation programs as they progress through their Agile management processes. The ISSE will provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the ISSE team. They will provide hands on security and compliance guidance and work with Scrum Masters and their teams in concert with Sponsor requirements that are primarily maintaining legacy systems while at the same time developing new systems and environments moving to cloud computing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following describes the typical duties of an ISSE. Experience with these responsibilities is highly desired.
* Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503)
* Develop IT security policies, standards, and guidance
* Provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
* Provide engineering support and assistance to authorization/accreditation test and evaluation activities
* Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems
* Develop IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
* Evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
* Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities
A successful ISSE will have expertise in information technology, technical writing, and project management. The following is a list of related traits and skills that are mandatory.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology related degree
* Five or more years functioning in an operational IT role with exposure to diverse IT architectures, demonstrating progressive growth of skills and responsibility
* Experience completing or managing to completion projects/tasks/deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight
* Advanced understanding of IT operations techniques
* Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level as well as technical staff consumption
* Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
* Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
* Advanced communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team
* Intermediate presentation skills: able to interview engineers on technical subject matter as well as brief executive level stakeholders
* Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
* Experience with using scanning applications
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
* DOD Risk Management Framework (RMF) Accreditation Process
* Familiarity with Agile framework
* Experience managing a team
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at GSE. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by GSE's Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any GSE employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to GSE, including those sent to a GSE email address or directly to GSE employees, will be considered GSE property. GSE will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. GSE will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact GSE employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
Global Systems Engineering LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Global Systems Engineering LLC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
Global Systems Engineering LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Global Systems Engineering LLC is a drug-free workplace.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-936-2474. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.